Axxana’s Alex Winokur Named to CRN’s 2010 List of "Storage Superstars"1
Annual List Recognizes "The People That Make Storage Happen"
- Axxana co-founder Dr. Alex Winokur was recognized by CRN magazine as one of the "25 Superstars You Need to Know" in the magazine’s 2010 list of Storage Superstars. The full list and article appear in the June issue of CRN.
- This prestigious list highlights "the individuals and teams that looked into the future to design today’s storage industry." According to CRN, "Advances in storage hardware, software, management, and virtualization technology could never have taken place without the dedication, nay, the fanaticism, of a dedicated group of Storage Superstars."
- Dr. Winokur co-founded Axxana to develop a radically new approach to data protection and disaster recovery. His concept, named Enterprise Data Recording (EDR) technology, utilizes a "black box" disaster-proof data recorder to enable 100% data recovery with zero data loss (RPO=0), over any distance, for significantly less than the cost of traditional data mirroring alternatives. Dr. Winokur’s EDR operates in conjunction and cooperation with traditional Asynchronous Replication systems, turning them into virtually synchronous solutions.
- The Phoenix System RP is Axxana’s first product based on Dr. Winokur’s EDR concept, and it is available now through EMC Select.
- Alex Winokur, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Axxana
"I am extremely grateful and humbled by this recognition by CRN. To be listed alongside innovators whom I’ve admired throughout my career is a tremendous honor."
- Excerpt from CRN article about the Storage Superstars
"This group of talented individuals -- some of the smartest people on the planet -- live and breathe storage. They protect, nurture and grow the storage on which business, academia, industry and entertainment thrive."
- "2010 Storage Superstars" article, CRN, June 2010
- "25 Superstars You Need to Know," CRN, June 2010
- Axxana’s Enterprise Data Recording (EDR) technology